Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Sickies

Today you are sick Asher. You are down for your second nap on this cold, wet, dreary, fighting-the-spring March afternoon. A slimey snail trail perpetually seeps out of your nose. You cough and cry out in the middle of the night, but you don't want to be picked up out of your crib. You just lie there, paci in mouth, crying and hollering. Like some wild animal. You just hold right on to that paci though. It remains in your mouth as you cough and scream. Paci skills like you've had since you were a bitty.

I have to admit though, there's part of me that likes this time of not-quite-wellness. Many Mamas and Papas can attest to the same thing: the cuddle factor. You little ones are quite content to sit still, recline and snuggle even, when the sickies come.

Your sissy took a nice long nap and you and I took a nice long cuddle. First actual movie you've watched, Cars. One of Pixar's best. And I think you liked it. You certainly didn't attest. "Car. Car." you pointed. "Mater" you recognized from your book.

I hope you get better soon my sticky-nosed one.




No comments:

Post a Comment